We manufacture the highest quality of Plastic Injection and Blow Molded products for many industries including, Aerospace, Medical, Commercial, Military, and Pharmaceutical. Our products span the globe and are used to save lives, provide preventative care, help the brave men and women in service accomplish their mission, and bring a smile to a child’s face.
Since our founding, we have helped inventors bring their ideas from concept to shelf. Our team of highly qualified experts is here to help and guide you with all phases of product development and delivery. This includes but is not limited to Product Design, Engineering, Project Management, Manufacturing, and Packaging and Distribution.
Blow molding is a multibillion-dollar business. In the late 1980s, the annual worldwide consumption of plastic resin by blow molding processes was about ten billion pounds. The packaging is the primary application for this resin and was used to produce approximately seventy billion bottles, drums, tanks, and other containers. Blow molding grade high-density polyethylene (HDPE) comprises about 69 percent of all materials that are blow molded.
The use of polyethylene terephthalate (PET) has increased rapidly in recent years and in 1990 claims about 21 percent of the blow molding market. About 25 percent of the total blow molding poundage goes into mild bottles. That is a tremendous market, but consumption for household chemical containers (bleach bottles, detergent bottles, etc.) is even larger: 33 percent. About 76 percent of the total resin usage goes into bottles, and the other 24 percent is in industrial items- gas tanks, bulk- goods drums, seats, toys, and other large items.
Blow molding is a manufacturing process that is used to create hollow plastic parts by inflating a heated plastic tube until it fills a mold and forms the desired shape. The raw material in this process is a thermoplastic in the form of small pellets or granules, which is first melted and formed into a hollow tube, called the parison. There are various ways of forming the parison, as explained below. The parison is then clamped between two mold halves and inflated by pressurized air until it conforms to the inner shape of the mold cavity. Typical pressures are 25 to 150 psi, far less than for injection molding. Lastly, after the part has cooled, the mold halves are separated and the part is ejected.
Parts made from blow molding are plastic, hollow, and thin-walled, such as bottles and containers that are available in a variety of shapes and sizes. Small products may include bottles for water, liquid soap, shampoo, motor oil, and milk, while larger containers include plastic drums, tubs, and storage tanks.
Blow-molded parts can be formed from a variety of thermoplastic materials, including the following:
In order to produce the many single or multi-layer bottles and jars you package your products in or even use every day, the process first starts with the plastic pellets we mentioned earlier.
The Extrusion Blow Molding Process Broken Into 5 Steps:
We have a team of skilled engineers ready to support you in your product development journey from prototyping to production.